[oletrucks] <Toys / 57 Suburban> AWESOME 1/24th scale TF Sub by Jada!!!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] <Toys / 57 Suburban> AWESOME 1/24th scale TF Sub by Jada!!!
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:20:26 EDT
   I visited a "local" Model Railroading show yesterday, and I usually look
for the diecast cars and trucks as much as I look for train stuff, LOL! Anyway,
I was in the middle of the show, when I spotted a large model of my favorite
truck, the Chevy Task Force Suburban! I carefully picked it up, and saw the
name Jada on the bottom, this is the same maker which is sold at Wal-mart in
the
1/64th size with a '57 Suburban. These are AWESOME, there were 3 on the
table, in brilliant blue metallic ( I bought that one), red, and black. $12
took it
home.
       Here are the outstanding details of the model truck :

       - sunvisor, with wide chrome strip down the middle
       - Outside window-mount A/C "tube" on right side ( like the Caddy's had
), put ice in them, and use airflow to produce cool air
       - Opening tailgate style doors, top and bottom
       - fender skirts
       - custom wire wheels
       - chromed dual exhaust pipes, not molded in bottom
       - 3 seats ( front seat has correct 30/70 , or 40/60, split bench! )
       - dangling dice from mirror ( no kidding! they are attached by tiny
string to actual rear-view mirror! )
       - chrome door handles and mirrors ( not molded in and painted ).
       - front bumper accessory bumperettes
       - hood raises up
       - detailed chrome V-8 engine w/ radiator, hose, generator, the spark
plug wires molded in, it's very detailed ! Chrome inner fender panels.
       - split glass in rear with simulated channels.

       A few minuses ( due to customized appearance, I guess ) :

       - no hood ornaments
       - no fender script

       But overall, a SUPERB offering in a model that has been neglected in
the diecast arena for years. I really should have bought all 3 there, but I
wanted to save my money for some train items ( I did spend almost $200 there ).
Anyway, if anyone wants to look to the Jada website for more info on how to get
these ( the seller said they come 4 to a box, when I asked about a box for
it, so I guess they come in a small case for commercial sales ), as I haven't
seen them anywhere else around Virginia ( maybe Wal-mart will start selling
these soon, too ). I know Sheetz sells the 1/43rd variety of China-made diecast
trucks, but this is the first time I've seen 1/24th scale by Jada. Sorry I
can't
help you guys ( and ladies ) out any more than this.
       I also found quite a few TF and AD truck models at the show, I bought
a few HO AD trucks ( one had the American Airlines logo on the doors, for use
on my HO airport scene I'll be building/completing ), I looked at some N
scale, but didn't need any at this point. Lionel had an 0 / 0-27 gauge train
car
with 2 TF trucks in green commercial paint scheme, around $45 I think. There
were quitea  few  of the China-made TF trucks in 1/43rd in tow truck and other
commercial schemes.
       All in all, it was a great day, I was pleased to find the TF Suburban
to add to my already robust collection of diecast vehicles numbering in the
1,000s now. I just hope I can find a place to display it properly! Hope
everyone
is having a wonderful " I have electricity and water, thank you " kind of
day. LOL. Stay cool,

Jerry in Virginia
'55 TF Suburban