RE: [oletrucks] starter

To: "Paul Moon" <capt2th@tehama.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] starter
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:34:04 -0500
First the bad news:
        Hollander's interchange manual says that the starter used on Chevy V8
truck engines with Hydra-Matic transmissions from 55-59 (part # 1107643 or
1107674) was not used on any other vehicle.

Now the good news:
        Hollander's also says that the starter used on the 55-56 Chevy
passenger cars with V8 will fit if you remove the starter drive housing from
your Hydra-Matic starter and put it on the 55-56 car starter.