[oletrucks] '58 Apache Running lights question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '58 Apache Running lights question
From: Fred Juch <fjuch@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:34:31 -0500
Hello,

Thanks for all the help I have gotten here so far. I got my truck running
for the first time in several years tonight.

The question for today is:
When you turn on the running lights, the orange lights in the front go on
(as well as the back tail lights), when you pull the knob to headlights,
are the running lights in the front supposed to stay on, or go off. Mine
currently go off. The tail lights stay on though in all switch positions
except off. This leads me to believe the front ones are supposed to go off.
If so, I will probably rewire them to stay on.

I have also replaced the front sockets with a conversion kit to support
running and turn signals in the original housing. On the back I am
considering using a trailer light kit to make the tail lights have running
lights, stop and turn signal. They would operate just like the lights on a
trailer do. This way I can remove the cheap add on turn signals on the
truck. What is the consensus on this. I'm sure it has been done before.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

The brakes are next!

Fred Juch
'58 Chevy Apache

Fred Juch
Email :    fjuch@austin.rr.com
Phone :   (404) 648-9799 Work <-Finds me anywhere
Phone :   (512) 310-2700 Home
1706 Walsh Dr.
Round Rock, TX 78681-1434