[oletrucks] Retro-fitting

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Retro-fitting
From: "Jack Aubin" <jackits@telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:23:50 -0600
Jack Aubin
Edmonton, AB. Canada.
Ph: 780-461-7835
Fax: 780-487-9191
e-mail: jackits@telusplanet.net

Hi, I have a 51 GMC 1 ton,single rear wheel, farm truck with hoist, that I
would like to retro-fit with an early 90"s 3/4 ton running gear (350 engine &
standard-shift tranny,so I have a PTO outlet for the hoist) & front
suspension, steering, brakes etc. I plan on building a flat-bed for it, intead
of the grain box. Does anybody know what surprises I will encounter? Will
gauges be a problem? Is this a good candidate for what I want or is something
else better suited?