Re: [oletrucks] re: Dusty's 1950 GMC - Tranny/clutch question

To: <livnrt@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] re: Dusty's 1950 GMC - Tranny/clutch question
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:52:34 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
I was just thinking of my last response on this problem. There IS a drain
back hole in flat vertical plate with the bolts in it. It has to line up
with the bigger round opening below the bearing and cant be covered by a
gasket. It allows the oil to drain back to trans case from bearing which =
is
thrown off it by a "slinger" behind the retainer. Is that what you guys
mean? Don't cover it! I couldn't find a new gasket, had to make one, make
sure you cut the dip in it for around that hole. The trans has no front s=
eal
 just this slinger and hole to drain back. Otherwise oil will get on clut=
ch
and be a big mess.=0D
=0D
=0D