RE: [oletrucks] Generator

To: ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Generator
From: josiah.bartlett@exgate.tek.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:37:23 -0700
I have two generators, one six and one 12, and each of them have the voltage
stamped into the side of the housing. The field voltage should average about
half of the battery voltage but the armature terminal should put out battery
voltage. It probably won't put out much at idle, rev it to 1500 rpm when you
test it.
The regulator needs to be 12 volts. If you want to test the generator
disconnect the field wire from the regulator and briefly short it to ground.
You should get full output voltage at the armature (batt) terminal but you
will also get a lot of current so don't leave it connected too long. A 12
volt generator will put out 14-18 volts and a 6 volt generator will put out
7-10 volts.
Regards,
Josiah