[oletrucks] Right-Side Steering

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Right-Side Steering
From: James Collins <jxc7@psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:00:51 -0400
I have a fantasy of retiring to Ireland with a green '50 Chevy PU. I
imagine myself driving through the green hills and valleys, stopping
regularly at pubs along the way and making friends as I go.  I've
never seen an AD in my travels to Ireland, but I think it would make
good social flypaper.

Still only a dream at this point, but as my fantasy develops I am
wondering did GM ever make right sided steering versions for the AD
series? It would probably be mostly a dash board issue as I my
fantasy has a FatMan Chassis in it and I suspect that the machinery
for a reversed front end could be fabricated. Money being no object,
of course. I'm wonder if Europe has negative thoughts about street
rods disguised as antiques? Would they accept the real thing? Any
thoughts? With a little help and some luck I might get this dream on
the road.

Shamus