Re: [oletrucks] My Truck Arrived Today!!

To: <dackerschott@attbi.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] My Truck Arrived Today!!
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 00:40:06 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
Negative side of coil is the wire from Distributor, usually on a bolt-lug=
 on
side of it near edge of cap. Positive needs battery power, usually comes=20
from a wire going to ignition switch inside or may go to a ballast resist=
or
on firewall if someone used one. You can hook a test wire from the positi=
ve
batt cable on starter and up to plus on coil to run it, won't stop till y=
ou
pull it off tho. Key won't make any diff. It's same as hot-wiring the tru=
ck.
Don't know the story on this truck and delivery, but you may have to remo=
ve
the dist cap and clean/set points if been setting awhile. They sometimes
rust closed or open and don't fire 'cause the don't pivot anymore. Pull a
plug wire and hold plug on engine to see if sparking. Maybe it's not the
spark, but fuel problem. Do you have a squirt of gas looking down
carb-throat when you press accelerater? That would be the accelerator pum=
and should squirt gas if you have it in carb bowl. These trucks can clog
fuel lines easy with rust from old gas tanks. The 54 is better in that th=
fuel line comes off the top of tank and not bottom like the 53 and earlie=
ones.=0D
  AND, buy a shop manual and Assembly manual from the Vendors. Join up wi=
th
www.stovebolt.com pages and they have vendor links and many more links to=
 go
to and great forums to ask questions on.=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
=0D