Re: [oletrucks] Head gasket installation ?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Head gasket installation ?
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:02:52 -0600
1.  Use a new gasket every time.  They don't cost that much.

2.  I would vote for no additional sealer other than a very small
dab here and there in non critical locations to hold it in place.

3.  Yes, blocks can crack.  Blocks can warp.  Blocks can be machined
incorrectly at the head.  Now would be a good time to do some looking
before the engine goes together.  If you found something in the head
or gasket already, though, that is probably where the problem was.

Bruce K
57 3200
MN

At Wednesday, 13 February 2002, you wrote:

>Guess I should have at least said this is in regard to a 235.  Sorry
>
>Rob
>
>My Zen Moment for the Day: It is far more impressive when others
discover
>your good qualities, without your help.

small dab