[oletrucks] Intake/Exhaust port matching

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Intake/Exhaust port matching
From: Williams Grant Civ Det 2 418 FLTS/ENQA
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:31:59 -0000
To all,

Both Chevy and GMC OEM inline engines use rings to align the intake manifold
to the head ports.  Since the exhaust is married (bolted) to the intake, it
too is aligned in the mounting process.

Question: Does anyone have stories (pro/con) regarding the aftermarket
intakes that do not use the intake alignment rings?

I'm almost ready to install 4 brl carb intake and Fenton headers.  Since
most performance applications suggest match porting, I'm concerned about
matching up the head ports with the new intake/exhaust setup.

Grant
Albuquerque, NM