[oletrucks] V-6 in 1959 Chevy 3/4 ton?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] V-6 in 1959 Chevy 3/4 ton?
From: "Mr. Janke" <rjanke@dotnet.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:17:17 -0600
I'll admit, I am naive, or at least new to learning about old trucks. So
maybe my question is common knowledge to everyone else but I'm just
starting to learn.
I am looking for a 1959 Chevy Apache 3/4 ton. I found a beauty in
******, ** (don't want anyone to beat me to it). Talked to the owner on
the phone. He says the V-6 in it is original equipment. And he sounds
old enough to know it. Can anyone tell me more about that? Were there
really some V-6's as original equipment? What was the displacement? Is
it a Chevy engine or someone else's?
Thanks much. This is turning out to be a neat education.

--
Richard P. Janke, Principal
Zum Kripplein Christi Lutheran Elementary School