[oletrucks] Speedvision/Speed Channel & Dream Car Garage

To: rjjmsj@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Speedvision/Speed Channel & Dream Car Garage
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:52:19 EST
Speed Channel programming seems to be really messed up in our local paper.  I
searched Speed Channel on Google and came up with this:
http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/headlines/official/02/07/speedchannel/

Speed Channel to relaunch on Monday
By Dave Rodman, Turner Sports Interactive
February 8, 2002
5:02 PM EST (2202 GMT)
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Fox Cable Networks Group hopes its Speed Channel, set
to relaunch Monday in the middle of Speedweeks 2002 at Daytona International
Speedway, will propel the former Speedvision network into more homes, keyed
by a solid core of NASCAR programming.

A group of FOX, Speed Channel and NASCAR executives, speaking on a media
teleconference Wednesday afternoon, said the 6-year-old network, which was
purchased by FCNG nearly seven months ago, would become vastly more oriented
to racing programming.

Speedvision president Jim Liberatore said the network is currently available
in babout 46 million homesb in the United States.

      Dennis McGillis
      1955 Cameo (V8 CAMEO)
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
     Orange County Region