Re: [oletrucks] TF DOORS

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF DOORS
From: "Jim Nordwall" <jnord@fgi.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:57:56 -0500
> I have had a time adjusting the door on my TF 55. I seem to get
>everything straight and the right spacing except for the lower rear
>corner sticks out about 3/4 of an inch. Does this mean its sprung or
>what? Is there a way to adjust this?   Thanks   Deacon Magill

>The lower door hinge to a-pillar needs to be re-adjusted.

Both of the doors on my 50 were the same way. I tried every adjustment I
could think of.  I don't understand what the "lower door hinge to A-pillar
adjustment is.  I did manage to get the doors fairly close to reasonable by
holding the door about a foot open with a 2x4 at the door handle level and
using an 8 foot 2x4 as a lever to try and close the door from the bottom.  I
remember doing some of these methods as a teenager. They were not for the
faint of heart then either.  The difference was if we ruined whatever we
were custom fitting, there was a large selection of spare parts at the junk
yards.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100
Jacksonville, IL