Re: [oletrucks] Trip and Trucks

To: "Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trip and Trucks
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 17:15:08 -0400
Bob,
ALL the good stuff is on the west coast:-( Bah!

As far as the value of the sheet metal, I would give $300 in a heartbeat
if it were in Florida.

I'm assuming its a 47-55 model. If so the cab is the same basic cab as
the pickups. there are a few modifications around the brake and clutch
pedals, and the trans cover is different.

it would make an outstanding "super" pickup, One thing to keep in mind
though is the sheet metal weighs more than pickups. Not just because of
size, but in thickness also. You should be OK with a 1 ton chassis but I
wouldn't go less.

If you get it I would be VERY interested in buying the old gauges if you
didn't use them. They are unique to the big GMCs as they are all
electric 6v neg ground. Mine still work but I'm always looking for spares.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula FL