Re: [oletrucks] 58 GMC should I ???

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 GMC should I ???
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:52:39 -0400
Jeff, I would be very leery of the rust above the windshield....if it is
rusted on the outside than it is must likely the same on the inside.  Even
if it isn't rusted through you can bet it is thin.  Any time you have a rust
hole you need to remove almost 3 to 4 times it's size from around it to get
to good metal.  This truck sounds more like a parts truck to me and is way
over priced.  Unless however the doors, hood, fenders, grille and tail gate
are all perfect and require NO body work (which I doubt is the case).  You
should be able to find a nice Driver for less money than that!

Regards,

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland