Re: [oletrucks] Project Update

To: "Bruce Michaels" <hbn@ojai.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Project Update
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:32:29 -0600
If you do that you will be painfully aware of the width problem the patch
panels present. Since they are bent very precisely around the cab edges, its
a hard problem to solve. But no, you cant do that since there are other
associated braces that are either welded or bolted to the individual panels.
For example, on the passenger side floorboard, there is a wide brace that
goes across it but is spot welded to the old floor and also the center brace
and the cab edge. Then on the drivers side, another like brace has the
e-brake assembly bolted to it AND the floor with the ebrake linkage going
thru it. Each piece will require trimming and cutting to get them to fit
perfectly. Once the floor is removed, you will likely see other surprises
that will require attention. Its a job, but pretty satisfying once its over.
I am thinking at this point it will be easier to deal with the center panel
after the job is finished. It wont fit because its too wide, so cutting it
down the center, then re-welding it (very precisely) at the bench seems the
lesser of the evils. If anyone has run into this and has a better idea, I am
all ears.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html