[oletrucks] A funny truck sale story

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] A funny truck sale story
From: L1Chevy@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:47:17 EST
Hey, I have to share whats happening...its bizarre...

About 6 months ago, I got an email from a Hollywood producer who stumbled on
my truck's pic on Wayne Osborne's site. He asked me if it was for sale, and
as I had just purchased a 52 hardtop that needs everything, I told him I'd
sell it to him for $13,000.00. He thought that sounded ok, so I sent him a
ton of pics. After a phone call or two, he committed to it and told me he'd
fly up in a couple of days and drive it home. I was pretty excited and
anxiously awaited his arrival. Well, of course he never showed up. He called
and told me he had gotten busy but that he'd be up in a week. Well, he didnt
show up again. He begged me not to sell it and told me he'd send me a deposit
to hold it for him.  Well, no deposit. He and I danced this dance about 3
more times and I finally decided I was dealing with a flake. About this time,
I just stopped hearing from him and I wrote him off and started marketing the
truck on my own. Welllllll, about a month ago, he called me and said he was
ready to go...I thought  "yeah, yeah, yeah, we've been before" He said he'd
send me a non refundable $1,000.00 deposit. Yeah, right!!  Well, in 2 days a
FedX showed up with a $1,000.00 check along with a note that said he'd be up
in a couple of days to drive it home. I took the check to the bank, slammed
it..and waited for a phone call. Well, thats been a month ago and I havent
heard from him. Bizarre, huh? I told him that for $1,000.00, I'd hold the
truck for 90 days.  I suppose he's gonna wait till day 89 and give me a call.
Its amazing how some people work, and I thought you guys might get a kick out
of it.Oh, one other ting...I called his cell phone the other day and I got a
message saying the account had been closed. Oh, well, the $1,000.00 paid for
a transmission rebuild in the 52. Good luck to all in their projects!!

Dave Koon
'51 3100 ( MAYBE sold)