Re: [oletrucks] powerglide

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] powerglide
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:01:00 -0700
Joe--

I don't think powerglides were available in 47
:)    and not in trucks till the 60s, and by then
they did away with side mounts on powerglides.

So, you need to figure out what year car used the
mounts you need.  The 50-51 cars used a rather
flimsy side mount (one bolt hole at tranny, one at
frame), but I think they also had a mount at the
front of the engine, and at the back of the tranny.
I think 52-54 used only side engine mounts (about
1/3 of the way back on the engine), and a rear
tranny mount.  The 55-57 cars used substantial side
mounts on the tranny bellhousing (two holes at
tranny, two at frame), which is probably what you
have...and you probably won't find the mounts at any
parts store nowadays, you'll have to try the
reproduction places that sell parts for 55-57 cars.

Then again, you may have something really wierd,
that uses some other type of custom made mounts!  If
you can get ahold of a catalog from one of the CHevy
car repro parts places, you could look at the pics
and see if they are close to what you have.

Good luck...

Jim F
59s in AZ