Re: [oletrucks] Cowl patches

To: "Barry Heigher" <bheigher@yahoo.com>, "smiler"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cowl patches
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:02:41 -0600
I believe those creases are the result of the door hinge spring failure that
is common on AD trucks. Two of my 4 trucks have that problem. Many ways to
fix. I like to use metal for all my repairs so the patch panel is my
preference. Welding isnt easy tho. Warpage is so very easy to occur. Most of
this area is accessible when you remove the inside cowl panel. I needed to
replace both insides of the current project as well as all the floor panels
and parts of the toe board. This made it easy to pound out the creases you
refer to and make it possible to use only a slight skimming of bondo or
primer filler. Would also be a good idea to make sure you have good door
hinge springs so the wind wont take the door and mess it up again.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html