[oletrucks] 216 and Polarity Reversing Switch

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 216 and Polarity Reversing Switch
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:19:59 -0500
Well I could not get my truck started - thinking since I just re-wired the
headlights I did something electrical wrong.  Well to make a days work
short - I was out of gas.

However, this gave me the chance to go over the electrical system.  And I
noticed that I did not have a Polarity Reversing Switch on top of my
starter.  Like the shop manual has.  Then after looking in the catalogs I
see that the points that Chev of the 40's sell points comes with a polarity
reversing switch.  This is 1 3/4 overall length - like my current one.  Is
this built in the points somehow - or is my truck wired wrong?

Currently I have the wire from the coil going directly to the outside (away
from the motor) of the rotor.

Thanks,
Jim House
Hollis, NH