Re: [oletrucks] headers

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] headers
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 08:03:27 -0700
Bob--

I'm not sure what a 79 Chevelle is...do you mean a
Malibu?  If so, then it's quite different from a 79
Catalina, which is a full size car.

There are headers available for the 55-59 trucks
with a small block (stock front suspension) from
several vendors.  There are also headers available
for most of the cars that would donate a front
suspension, such as the 68-72 Chevelle, 70-81
Camaro, or even the 78-86 midsize cars (such as the
Malibu, Monte Carlo, Regal, Cutlass, etc).  If the
truck has a subframe, then you need to make sure
what it is, and also be careful about the engine
location--if it's not in the original place in the
subframe, then normal headers may not fit right.

Jim F
59s in AZ