Re: [oletrucks] 350th or 700R4 in a TF?

To: "Edward T. Dingo" <cen36932@centuryinter.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 350th or 700R4 in a TF?
From: "jcerniglia" <jcerniglia@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 08:27:57 -0500
I did a swap back in 88 on my 1984 S-10, it has a 305 with a 700R4.
I am so glad I did because the overdrive gives much better gas milage
than the 350th. I also a have a part number for you on the vacuum
switch to use for the lock up or you can just put a toggle on the dash
for when you are on the highway. As far as the kickdown cable, the
adjustment is VERY critical. I had to rebuild the 700R4 after 30,000
because the cable was not adjusted correctly. It now has 60,000
since it was rebuilt again and no problems at all. What I did was go
back to the stock ratchet adjuster and cables vs the custom setup
I originally had.

Jeff Cerniglia
1959 GMC fleetside
1957 Chevrolet Belair