RE: [oletrucks] VIN number question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, "'Brian _'" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] VIN number question
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:23:49 -0600
Nope, there is no VIN or other serial number stamped anywhere on the frame
or the sheetmetal of the AD trucks. Only ID number (there was no such thing
as a VIN in 1953) was stamped by Chevy on the plate attached to the door
hinge column. As Doug indicated, stamping the ID on the frame started with
55.2 or 56.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3604
Paducah, KY