Re: [oletrucks] 302 military motor to replace a 228 GMC

To: Rob Steinmetz <rstein@sssnet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 302 military motor to replace a 228 GMC
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 13:53:34 -0500
Yes the 228 distributor will fit. So will the 228 oil pan. You will need to cut
the crank snout and install  normal size pulleys. Drilling a hole in the front
of
it is recommended. All those mounts for compressor will make a great place to
bolt
on a super charger. Mine had a automagic on it. I got a 270 flywheel to fit.
There
is a big casting lug on the starter side you will have to grind of to fit a
regular starter. Your 228 bell housing will bolt on. You will need to put on a
front mount plate if so desired. Jack Halton is more knowledgeable than I on
this
topic. He is no longer on this list after the farmer nonsense but can be reached
at the Inliners site. If have multiple buyers for the underwater ign, adapter
plates and ring gear for the auto let me know.

Grant