Re: [oletrucks] More heads-up on HAHA virus & removal

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More heads-up on HAHA virus & removal
From: "Michael Keele" <mkeele@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:35:11 -0700
All:
Symantec, the makers of Norton Anti-Virus have a free download made just
for removing this annoyance.
You can pick it up at:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/fix.hybris.f.html

Fortunately, Miq does not allow attachments here so this can not spread to
the list itself.  Unfortunately, it can (and does) pick up individual
sender addresses from messages received from the list.

Even if you don't think you have the virus, but haven't updated your virus
program, it's a good idea to pick up the above file and run it on your
system.  And, as always, if you weren't expecting an attachment from
someone, don't open it without verifying they sent it on purpose.