Re: [oletrucks] Couple of questions

To: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Couple of questions
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:15:06 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A. Self <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Sunday, January 21, 2001 12:47 PM
Subject: [oletrucks] Couple of questions

>The answer to these questions was on the list a couple of months ago, but I
>can't find the answer either in my old mail or the archives (I seem to have
>trouble asking the search engine the right questions)
>
>Question #1:
>    Several people mentioned patch panel adhesives.  What was the product
>names and where can you find them?
>
>Quetion #2:
>    When you're mounting a small block/TH-350 combo, is the carb throat or
>the tranny oil pan supposed to be level, with the ground?
>
>Question #3:
>    I've installed a '73 Cheyenne steering box in my '55 1st.  I need a
>u-joint to connect the Cheyenne steering shaft to my AD column.  This will
>be splined on one end to double "D" on the other.  I don't need or want
>billet.  I was told that you could get excellent, sturdy u-joints at a
>tractor supply store (Used in PTO applications).  I've searched the web
high
>and lo.  Can someone please steer me to a source for plain steel u-joints?

Hi Mark,

1.  Check for a 3M product for the panel adhesive.  It's a two part compound
that is applied simultaneously with a gun designed to hold the two
compounds.

2. The level is taken off the base of the intake manifold.

3.  Check the internet by doing a search for Borgeson the univeral joint Co.
I buy all my steering u-joints and shafts from them.  If you can't find it
with the search let me know and I'll open up my webpage and get the exact
link to their Website.

Joe