Re: [oletrucks] Welding

To: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welding
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:59:06 -0800

>I recommend a good MIG welder. TIG is hard to use.
>I have a Millermatic 250, and I would recommend only Miller, Lincoln, or
>ESAB.

I bought a used SOLAR 220 v mig.  It's a beauty.  You can switch polarity,
and it has separate controls for spot and stich welding.  I can weld all day
with it and it's ready for more.  Made by Century MFG, but it's different
from Century brand welders.  Uses standard Tweco fittings so it's easy to
get parts/ accessories.

SOLAR has a website.  Good customer service too.  I'd add it to the list of
good brands.

Regards,

Grant S.