Re: [oletrucks] Wheel Cylinders

To: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheel Cylinders
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:35:41 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim House <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 6:13 AM
Subject: [oletrucks] Wheel Cylinders

>REBUILDING
NAPAs part #3396 (rear) and #3406 (front) is identical to the kits supplied
by the mail order outfits.
The mail order guys don't send you the box so you don't have a part number.

>RESLEEVING
Re-slieving is sometimes the only option with unusual restorations.  When
you can get new replacement parts, I wouldn't pay the premium for
re-slieving.

>REPLACEMENT
CHEVY DUTY has the best price around on relpacement cylinders.  They
describe them as for '47 thru '50 but they were the same back to '37 or so.
Get new hoses and springs while you're at it.

>If I change to the NAPA my Delco cylinder becomes a United.  The only
>physical change I see in this is the bleeder valve is not a screw but a
>steel fitting.  If I want to keep the truck as much of an original as
>possible - would this change be noticed?
I have these NORS on my '46 which as been judged by some real pickey judges,
and I've never been called on brake cylinders!

Good luck with the project.

Whitney Haist
2-'46s
1- 39