[oletrucks] AD Crew Cab Questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] AD Crew Cab Questions
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:09:32 -0600 (CST)
I ran across something interesting earlier today.  I was at the local Chevy
dealer, (Ranger Chevrolet in Hibbing, MN) and he had some old pictures
hanging on the wall.  One was a very good side on view of an AD crew cab
truck that they sold back then to one of the local mining companies.  I
don't know them well enough to tell the year at a glance, but it was
pre-54.  Judging from the tire size and ground clearance, it would have
been either a 3/4 or 1 ton truck.  With the extended cab, it had what
appeared to be a stock short box from a half ton.  I asked the manager
about it, and he said it was a custom order from an aftermarket supplier,
not a factory option, but other than that, he didn't know much about it.
It appeared to be very nicely done.

Unfortunately, I'm sure the truck has long since been melted down into
razor blades.  I'm sure not many of these were made.  I'm going to try and
talk him into letting me scan it and send it along to someone who can post
it.  Maybe if I stop in and leave my TF truck parked there for a while some
day next summer.

What I'm looking for is some speculation on who could have made the truck,
how common they were, and if any still exist?

Any ideas?

Bruce Kettunen
'57 3100
Mt. Iron, MN