[oletrucks] Off Subject#1--Newer old trucks

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Subject#1--Newer old trucks
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:59:13 EDT
I'm seriously considering restifying my 86 Chevy Silverado pickup.  I say
restifying since I want to put a Corvette L98 and a late model truck 4sp
automatic in it.  The body will be stock except for wheels/tires.  I might
have considered getting rid of it but after all, it only has 200,000 miles on
it and I just don't like any of the new stuff.

1--Isn't there a truck list for these 73-87's. . .big trucks or something?
Can anyone point me there?

2--While TN has no inspections or laws regulating owners from modifying
vehicles (but shops can't modify for hire), and while I intend to do the full
emissions controls with the Vette engine (so it will actually be cleaner than
it is now), does anyone from any of the rigorous inspection states know of
any legal problems with doing this swap?  I prefer to stay in TN but since my
wife and I haven't been able to find decent jobs on the same end of the
country to date, I may have to consider moving eventually.

Thanks for any input,

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
86 Silverado