Re: [oletrucks] How many colors were there - an update!

To: pfoxtrot@gate.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] How many colors were there - an update!
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 06:26:38 EDT
<< I'm going
 to try and contact the Danbury Mint research department to see what they
 used as a basis for their color selection, but this does agree with what I
 believe I found in my stripping routine of the weekend.  >>

I did some consulting for Danbury's AD models.  They find someone who says he
has a 100 point truck and take pictures and notes.  They farm the work out to
a research / prototype company.  when they did a 53 AD truck, I told them the
chrome was not available during the Korean war, and documented ti with
factory lit.  their reply was "chrome sells" so it was unauthentically on the
final version.  I was  mad as hell.

Go by what you found at the bottom layer of paint as factory authentic.
Bob ADler