Re: [oletrucks] Swappin' Lies About Suppliers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Swappin' Lies About Suppliers
From: MPHUDAK@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:39:15 EST
In light of all the bad comments floating around, I would like to give some
praise the guys and gals at my local NAPA.  I have gone to see them quite a
bit lately looking for parts for my newest family, a 54, and not once have
they snubbed me.  To my surprise they have had a lot of the items I needed or
will need readily available, and are also quite knowledgeable of the older
stuff.  One of the employees there, used to help is father in 50's work a
Machine shop.  He is even able to site original part numbers, or come darn
close, for different engine items such as rods, bearings and the such. Even
update items for the ole babbit bearing engines.  The people I deal with there
seem to take pride in helping me.  I even think they want to see my projects
on the road more then I do.  Now about there pricing, I bought a wheel
cylinder rebuild kit, for one cylinder, today it was $6.99.  Can't beat that,
some of the suppliers, such as brother's truck parts, are selling them for
$15+, as well as many other parts.  So, if I was to recommend any place to buy
parts from, it would be NAPA.  I just hope some of you others have experienced
this type of service from them.

Hudak
2- 54 3100
57 3100