Re: [oletrucks] AD antenna

To: Jared Walch <chevyolds@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD antenna
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 09:13:08 -0600
Jared Walch wrote:

> Before I go drilling any holes in the truck, Where did the antenna
> originally go on the AD trucks?
>
> It looks like it should be on the passenger's side on the cowl, but
> it's
> very crowded there where the hood comes back. I'm not using an
> original
> antenna, but it looks like it could be tough to clear the hood.
>
> Any ideas? I don't want to end up with the hood hitting the antenna,
> I've seen some of those before.
>
> Thanks, Jared
>
> ---
> Jared Walch
> 1941 Oldsmobile
> 1951 Chevy 5-window 1/2 ton
> Web page: http://www.aiusa.com/jwalch/antiquecars.html
> Syracuse, NY
>
> Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe
> you.  Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

> 1959

   Jared
My 49 3100 came with a radio/antenna from the factory (St. Louis). The
hole for the antenna is located on the drivers side, about 4"-5" above
and to the left of the two holes where my side mirror attaches, and
about 2" from the hump that runs all around the cab.
My truck is at the paint shop right now, so I don't have it in front of
me to measure exactly. If you want, once I get it back I will make a
paper template for you and send it up your way (or maybe somebody else
from the list can/will).
Let me know
Brad