[oletrucks] Rubber stamp update/ Paul's truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rubber stamp update/ Paul's truck
From: "dave riffel" <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:52:34 PST
Hi all,

Yesterday I drove down to LA to drop off a 235 to fellow lister Paul
O'neil of rubber stamp fame.  It is the one I was running in my '50 and
now he'll be using it in his 3/4 ton in place of the poorly running 216
it came with.  His truck is looking great.  The camper is off and he has
buffed and waxed most of the old paint job to a nice luster.  It is a
sort of metal flake brown paint and cleaned up pretty good.  I was
impressed with his truck's completeness and lack of rust.  Good buy,
Paul.  It's going to be a great old bike hauler.  In addition to his old
chevy and classic british bikes Paul also does some very nice work with
'20s vintage Hudson's- very cool!

Since I was going to be in the area, Paul whipped up the first prototype
early AD 5 window rubber stamp for me.  It's fantastic!  The detail on
the truck is very good and carries over to the paper nicely.  This
depiction has the correct grill, windows and door handles for my truck,
and even has my name and address next to it.  Very nice work, Paul, I am
impressed.  I saw a sheet with several of the different truck designs
and they all look pretty good.  There are several AD and TF options.

Paul is a very nice guy and a meticulus craftsman.  I hope more of you
get to meet him someday.  I also hope I get to meet more of the rest of
you someday!  It's a real treat to meet someone who previously had only
been words on a computer monitor.  Paul mentioned an upcoming truck show
in his area...

Dave Riffel