Re: [Nobbc] MG Reno show

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] MG Reno show
From: Greg Tatarian <gtwincams@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:44:09 -0700
  Don,

+1 on Mike's comments. Boiling or overheating hydraulic fluid results in
moisture being absorbed through condensation as the fluid cools, leading
to significantly degraded dry and wet boiling points.

A typical fluid for British sports cars is Castrol LMA, which is a low
moisture fluid, but even it should be replaced every couple of years or
so. Race cars require a purge and fill of hydraulic fluid each year, and
I do the same with all of our cars and trucks every two years. Keeps the
calipers cleaner internally, and helps prevent rust from absorbed water.

Glad your ordeal is behind you, and hope you now feel it was worth it.

Cheers,
Greg Tatarian

7 vehicles