[Nobbc] Exempting Hobby Cars from Emissions Tests

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: [Nobbc] Exempting Hobby Cars from Emissions Tests
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:20:30 -0700
It will not happen that way.  Oil will become so expensive and
difficult to extract that mileage will trump everything
else.  Perhaps that will mean emissions will decline as new cars
become tiny and are not used as much.

If you haven't read this book, I recommend it.  Set in the not too
distant future in upstate New York, as oil is not available anymore,
life has returned to what it was in the early 19th century.

You will think differently about the abundance we enjoy now, and just
how fortunate we have been to live when we did.  One of the
characters actually drives an old British sports car in the book.  It
is the only car that anyone operates, and it's a novelty.  The roads
are so poor in this story set in the future, that a part of the
suspension breaks, and the car is no longer able to be taken on joy rides.

http://www.energybulletin.net/stories/2008-03-03/review-world-made-hand-james-kunstler