Re: [Nobbc] Infinion Saturday Report

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Infinion Saturday Report
From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <hawkview@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 14:28:36 -0700
Hi all.
Went down to the track this morning about 10:30 to exchange tickets for
Sunday.
Well of course it turns out the trip wasn't necessary even after calling to
verify.  Turns out our tickets for Saturday are good for tomorrow.  Just
show up, present your Saturday ticket and off to turn 3 area corrals.
Went up to see if any of the hard core, top down in the rain guys would show
up, and sure enough...nobody was there.  There were a couple of crazies out
on the soaked track, but that only lasted for a lap or two.
Drove back, parked and took the shuttle down to the pits.  Only a few cars
were even uncovered.  Wondered around a bit and then over to the Celebrate
Sonoma tent for some wine and snacks.  It was absolutely pissing down rain
for about an hour and windy as Hell.  But inside was dry and warm and not
the normal, you can't even turn around cloud.  So, some good food and good
wine.
Then back out to see what was going on, and sure enough it was still
raining.  But getting a bit better.  The stands were pretty much empty, and
the track looked sad.  A pace car was doing a lap, and you could see
splashes as he went through puddles.
We wondered around a bit more looking at a few uncovered cars, but finally
gave up with plans to return tomorrow.
Hope to see you all,
Clif and Deborah 74 Jensen Healey