Re: [Nobbc] Rain Rain go away

To: "'North Bay British Car Club'" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Rain Rain go away
From: "John Kenner" <jkenner@tamcab.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:20:35 -0700
Gee, now I wish I had a Landrover!

JOHN KENNER

510 231 6803 P
415 806 2457 C
510 231 6805 F

-----Original Message-----
From: nobbc-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:nobbc-bounces@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Mike Gianandrea
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:07 PM
To: nobbc
Subject: [Nobbc] Rain Rain go away

Ok Everybody,

As we all know, these old british cars are very special, certainly to those
of
us that own and appreciate them, but as Greg put it, the idea of having the
car corral is two fold, to have the cars there, and to have our members get
together, we are a club, and the folks that are there to exhibit and race
will
do so rain or shine, so it would be nice to be there to support them.
Believe
it or not, it is just as important to them that we are there, as they have
gone to great time and expense to be there, we want them to come back in
years
to come. several years ago, Infineon lost the next best series, the American
Le Mans, because of lack of attendance and revenue.  So, Here's the deal,
come
on out Saturday, drive your british baby, BMW, VW, FJ Crusier, the Camry,
WHATEVER makes you feel safe. I have spoken to Mike D'Addario, and voiced MY
concern to him, that I was more concerned about parking our babies in a
muddy
quagmire, than getting them wet. If the rain is actually severe, he will
move
us to one of two paved areas a hundred yards down the road to either turn
four, or turn seven, where they will actually be staging the entrance to the
track for laps, we can probably have our choice. Hence, we might get wet,
(tops or tonneaus on the cars, and umbrellas for us) but we won't get stuck
in
the mud. We won't have quite the view or or seating access, but theses are
still bus stop locations, and we will have transportation to the paddock
area
and back, etc. I will be out there tomorrow and talk to Mike D'Addario about
final location, and post an email to that effect tomorrow evening. I hope
this
makes everyone feel a little more secure, and I hope all that signed up,
will
show up. I will see you there.

Michael Gianandrea
64 TR 4