Re: [Nobbc] Efficient communications - staying on topic

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Efficient communications - staying on topic
From: Daniel Drummond <dan@drummondlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:18:04 -0800
Point well made.  I will add that contrary to Greg's experience, I have
overlooked information about upcoming rides when the thread becomes bogged down
with lots of other topics.  We were talking about this a few weeks ago on one
of the rides.  The subject line may say something about an upcoming ride, but
the actual subject matter may be about a Spitfire transmission available on
eBay.  Coupled with the fact that my iPhone (and I suspect the same is true of
other smartphones) compiles e-mails by threads first and dates second, I have
several times opened up the Upcoming Ride thread hoping to find out if we're
going out this weekend, or if there's been a location change, or whatever, but
found instead a link to an eBay site.  It seems all we have to do is change the
subject line when we want to post on a new topic.  My two cents worth.

Dan