[Nobbc] Parts is parts, right?

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: [Nobbc] Parts is parts, right?
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:44:57 -0800
Regarding Rimmer Brothers, I second that nomination.  I had a TR8
with a terrible driveline vibration.  I had replaced transmission
mounts and some other pieces to no avail.  So, Rimmer Bros. was
having a sale on driveshafts among other things.  The exchange rate
was quite favorable at the time.  So, I orders one.  These
driveshafts have strange CV joints on either end, and cannot be
repaired.  Anyway, within about five days, the driveshaft is
delivered from England.  I open the box, only to find that it is a
used part.  I called them up and asked what the deal was, and they
apologized and said, "Keep the driveshaft, and you don't have to pay
for it."  I installed it on my TR8, and the vibration disappeared.  I
would definitely recommend Rimmer Brothers.

Don Scott
Calistoga
1966 TR4A
1962 MGA Mk 2