Re: [Nobbc] MG2011

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] MG2011
From: Liam O'Flaherty <liamof@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 13:06:44 -0800
Hi Andy,
And yes I would love to talk to you about what your recommendations are for a
rebuild.

I am having the machine work done at JNW engine and machine  in Santa Rosa but
I will be doing the assembly. I will have him balance the crank, conrods and
pistons, and my flywheel and clutch assemble are already balanced.
I am figuring putting in a mild street cam and am figuring on the APT VP11
performance so it is not to radical and it will have the rev gear in the
camshaft.  Figure going with CF01 Nitrided cam followers.  I have a Kent
adjustable timing gear to help dial in the cam but would appreciate it if you
can give me any pointers on dialing in the cam, checking the end float and
whatever.  I know what is involved but its always nice to talk to someone who
has done it before. I rebuilt my 1275 bugeye engine a few years back so its
nothing really new but I always appreciate any recommendations you have. My
head has been ported and it is ready to go. Looking to make a good street
engine which means ideling well in traffic is a must.
I will let you know when my bank account is suffiently full to start this
endeaver.  Maybe we could make it a tech session or something.
Liam
56 mga