Re: [Nobbc] Oysters

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Oysters
From: Mark Darley <markdarley@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:26:37 -0800
As someone who sucks down oysters nearly every weekend after sailing
on Tomales Bay, I cannot recommend Drakes Bay Oysters on the half
shell. Their variety of oysters are generally better cooked.

For the better oysters for eating on the half shell, I drive or sail
to the East shore of Tomales Bay to Hog Island Oysters and Tomales
Bay Oysters.
http://www.hogislandoysters.com/
http://tomalesbayoysters.com/
If you stop at Hog Island Oysters, be sure to get some "Hog Wash" to
go on your oysters! (recipe available on their website).
Both are on Route 1 on the East side of Tomales Bay and have picnic
spots.

The Marshall Store serves the Tomales Bay oysters and has beer and
wine etc. if you are not carrying your own already....

Drakes Bay Oysters is in a beautiful spot, but their oysters are
better for cooking in my opinion.....

One of these days, if there is interest, perhaps you would all like
to join me at the somewhat funky Inverness Yacht Club for a Little
British Car meet with oysters and wine in our private bar... one of
the best waterfront spots in Marin since 1912!  Perhaps part of a
Spring drive?

"He was a bold man that first eat on oyster."
- Jonathan Swift

Cheers,
Mark
'57 MGA