[Nobbc] Change polarity a good idea?

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Change polarity a good idea?
From: "Charlie Saul" <csaul@noleak.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 17:34:50 -0700
Hi All,

I am having some electrical work done on my '52 Jag and hope to meet up
with you all soon.  A while back there was some NOBBC discussion I
believe regarding fitting the distributor with electronic ignition, and
I think I'd like to have that done as well as have an electric fan
installed to assist with the radiator cooling.

Perhaps someone could comment on the pro's and con's of electronic
ignition and whether or why having the polarity changed to negative
ground is a good or bad idea, and what that affects.

I am told that each one of these things are not particularly costly to
do.

What do you think?

Many Thanks,

Charlie Saul