newsletters

Re: printing

To: alexah@sr.sticare.com, mgvrmark@hotmail.com, newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: printing
From: BSCCofKY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:33:23 EDT
HI!

Jim Werner of the Bluegrass Austin Healey Club in Kentucky here. I am the
newsletter editor/webmaster and Internet mail list group manager for our club
and webmaster/mail list manager for our local British Sports Car Club.

I do the newsletter in Publisher. 10 pages on 5 sheets of paper monthly. I
send it to a digital print shop. Our reasoning for selecting digital print
was with the growth of digital cameras we get fantastic picture quality. I
deliver a CD to the printer and a set of mailing labels. Someone else picks
up the printed newsletters and folds and mails for me. It costs $60 for 100
newsletters.

I also convert the file to PDF format and post on our web site for download
at bluegrassclub.com. The advantage to the download is members get a full
color version of the newsletter. My next step is to use Adobe Distiller which
will significantly reduce the download time. By that point I hope to be able
to send it through our club Internet mailing list as an attachment and I
project about 50% of the members will elect to receive it that way. By doing
so we could save considerable cost.

I like members printing out the newsletter instead of reading it from a
website. I think a newsletter in hand that you can read at your leisure and
share with a spouse is the way to go.

Thanks,

Jim Werner

///