newsletters

printing

To: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>, <newsletters@autox.team.net>
Subject: printing
From: "Alexa Hamilton, GBA" <alexah@sr.sticare.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:44:39 -0700
Hi, Alexa Hamilton, Communications Director (which includes Editing the
Newsletter plus a lot more) from the Triumph Register of Southern
California.

I just took over TRSC's newsletter in January, the previous editor had done
it for like 20 years!  As a result, we only got TWO in 2001.

I did my first two monthly issues in MS Word but had too much trouble with
the pagination.  So I started using MS Publisher (because it came with the
MS Office Suite - we don't have the money to buy Quark or something fancy!)
and it is SO much easier on me!  MS Publisher was a BREEZE to learn, Mark -
I highly encourage it! :-)
I print directly from my PC to my laser printer so that the photos come out
looking REALLY good.  It's actually cheaper than having it printed at
Kinko's.  The downside is that now there's more labor involved, so either I
do it myself in front of the TV or shanghai club members in exchange for
pizza and beer.....................

We don't post ours on the web, but I would be interested in exchanging with
other Triumph clubs around the USA.  I REALLY love reading the newsletters
from across the country!

I really enjoy talking (e-mailing) with other editors and would like to see
this forum utilized more!  I think we can all help each other out!

Alexa

Alexa Hamilton
Communications Director
Triumph Register of Southern California