newsletters

Re: Newsletter Layout?

To: Paul Heuer <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Subject: Re: Newsletter Layout?
From: Harald Freise <hfreise@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 10:17:34 -0400
Hi All

I do up the newsletter for the Eastern Canada Lotus Club and have done
so for the past three years. I spend way too much time but I enjoy it.

I sometimes use a word processor but find that images are better handled
using the only tool that I have any real long time experience with.
Ventura Publisher. I've dallied with Framemaker and Pagemaker but always
database publishing, which Ventura handles very well.

I print out each page separately and then take them to the local
photocopy place and have them double side it. Less mailing cost and
paper usage. Takes a little more thought about which is a right and left
page when you leave room for a 3 hole punch.

I have recently lightened my load considerably by distributing our
newsletter via e-mail using Adobe Acrobat. Very easy to use once you've
finished the layout. This method save tons of time and keeps more
dollars in the club treasury. To view the newsletter you need to
download the free Acrobat Reader software and install it on our machine.

Harald Freise
Eastern Canada Lotus Club
http://fox.nstn.ca/~hfreise/ECLC/ECLC.htm