newsletters

Re: DTP Software

To: Kdoc111@aol.com
Subject: Re: DTP Software
From: Greg Johnson <ab916@ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:39:41 -0400
On Thu, 15 Feb 1996 Kdoc111@aol.com wrote:

> Just wondering, what software do other editors use?  I've seen some done on
> pagemaker very well, though I'm having good luck with word 6.

There is a word 6 templete available to create www homepages.  Ever try
converting your newsletter to html?   Of course, this means you have to
scan photos in (that's what we are able to do, as Bob Hamilton, our
secretary/treasurer now has a scanner!)

> does anyone use a scanner for photos?  my printer scans all of my photos &
> snapshots into his copier with good results, but black and white only because
> of cost.

An option here in canada is that Black's Photography will scan in 10
photos for ~$15.00.

> perhaps we could establish a forum to exchange tech tips.

        That's one of the main benifits I would like to get out of this
mailing list.  At the moment, our Association (see below) only has a
homepage and the occasional newsletter.  We want to develop a regular
newsletter, that would include tech tips, biographies, upcomming events
of our and other associations/clubs, etc.  Hopefully with everybody's
input into this mailing list, and the newsletter exchange (the
snail-mail newsletter editors list),  we may be able to get a newsletter out!

I would like to expand our tech tips section of the homepage too...

   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the *NEW*  British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

            http://www.cfn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html