RE: MGB axle transplant

To: DGreimel@aol.com.morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB axle transplant
From: "John Bigler" <jbigler@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:22:30 -0800
Hi Don,

Jim Dixon is the expert here.  He's been running an MGB 3.9 rear
for years in his prize winning 4/4.  He's extremely pleased.

I have just such a rear that I'm ready to sell.  Please let me
know if you might be interested.  It has the wire wheel hubs,
brakes and drums, and is in good shape, as far as I know.

Installation should be easy, as you say.  Just grind/cut off
the old axle mounts, adapt the parking brake cable and mount
new axle mounts.  Track is close, just a hair wider.

John

>Fellow listers.
>If anyone has experience with installing an MGB rear in a Morgan
I would like
>to hear from you.  It looks pretty easy.
>Thanks
>Don

///
///