towing question

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: towing question
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:59:35 -0500
I am starting to shop for a vehicle that will be reliable for towing both my
+4 and XKE. I would guess that a 5000 LB towing capacity should be about
right. I also know that a V8 engined vehicle is a must. I am not looking for
a new one, but something slightly used ( 97-98 models.) I checked  into Jeep
Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dakota, Chevy Blazer & Tahoe, and Ford Explorer. I am
hoping for some wisdom from the group and some advice and do's/don'ts, etc.
It may be the case that none of these will do the trick. So, if there are
any of you with experience with towing with any of the above SUV's, I would
appreciate hearing from you. This does NOT mean that the Morgan will become
a "trailer queen", but it does mean that I will be able to attend meets a
bit more distant than before, and I can arrive in slightly less "overheated'
condition than previously. Awaiting responses.