Re: Morgans-At-The-Point (Part 2)

To: ckchapel@fast.net
Subject: Re: Morgans-At-The-Point (Part 2)
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:31:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/99 7:15:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ckchapel@fast.net writes:

<< Don Griemel came by and said there must be an air leak somewhere.  Along a
similar vein, someone suggested a carb throttle shaft or butterfly problem.
So, off with the aircleaners and carb dashpots to check pistons, needles, and
butterfly/throttle shaft.  About this time, Win Sharples had sent Morgan
Fuller with crew up to see if he could help.  Said Win, "You're going to make
the Morgan race if we have to push you out and around". >>

That's one of the things that makes being around vintage sportscar racing
such fun.  Everyone is doing what they can to help everyone else.  (Although,
to my inexperienced eye, there was some rather close wheel-to-wheel racing,
not to say pushing since that's not SVRA-legal, once everyone got out on the
track).  Really a great bunch of guys and girls.

I do know that I'll have to warn my wife when she comes down next time, so
that she doesn't get the wrong message when a guy in the pits suddenly strips
down to a jockstrap while we're talking to him, either getting into or out of
a Nomex coverall.  Modesty falls, defeated, to pragmatism every time in the
paddocks.

Lannis